Life is full of inconsistencies. We just have to power through them
Anti-MLM Mondays: Tragedy and Death
Welcome back to another anti-MLM post. This week, we’ll be reacting to MLM posts about using tragedy and death to shill for products. Yes, that’s right. If using brainwashing tactics, emotional manipulation, and dangling the lifestyle over the heads isn’t enough, they will also use the tragedy of tragedies and the saddest of deaths to promote the product. Sometimes, they’ll promote the company as a whole.
When you think about the point where there should be a bottom… there isn’t one. I don’t think my trying to explain it would do justice, so I’m putting together 10 Reddit posts that encompass this “activity”. My reactions are in each caption.
1. The way this fits is just no
2. September 11th nails????
3. No, we are not doing the military like this
4. Essential oils as an answer to breathing? Really?
5. Got hit by Hurricane Ian? Monat can help /s
6. Dad died. Here’s my business
7. Imagine having a sale on the anniversary of your friend’s death (or heavenly birthday)
8. I’m sure she needs those after a fire
9. This makes Travis Scott look like a saint, and that’s a practically low bar to not cross
10. No length of time is too soon for a sale
These are the 10 posts I wanted to react to that fit the theme. I think each post showcased here has different scenarios going on, but they all come to the same conclusion — taking advantage of tragedy, personal or not, to promote their business, or to have some special that “honors” but completely misses the mark
33-year-old math enthusiast, Pokemon fan, Eurovision fan, Bingo player, anti-MLM watcher, meme consumer, YTP watcher, stans news reporters when no one else wants to, inconsistent in real life, a complete human mess, and professional social media lurker
View all posts by dezbee2008